- Games will consist of 4x10min Quarters
- All quarters will be played in a stop clock basis
- Halftime will consist of a 1 minute break.
- Ref does not Handle Ball in back court unless Foul/Violation or stop time
- 5 second closely guarded rule in effect
- 8 seconds to cross half court
- Substitutions can only be done at Score Table and player must indicate substitution
- 5 fouls on any one player is disqualified from game
- FIBA Rules will apply
- Each team will be given Two (2) timeout in the 1st half and Three(3) in the 2nd half
- Timeouts can be called on a live play, only by the team with possession (NEW)
- Timeouts cannot be carried over
- One (1) timeout will be given during the overtime period.
- Timeouts in the last 2 (two) minutes of the game advances the ball to mid court
TECHNICAL FOULS/ FLAGRANT FOULS:
- Technical Fouls and / or Flagrant Fouls will be handed out at the discretion of the games Officials. - Any call by the games Officials are final and will stand.
- Player is automatically ejected from the game if they receive two technical fouls, or a Technical and Flagrant 1, or one Flagrant 2 foul.
- Any ejected player will be issued an automatic 1 (one) game suspension and will be reviewed by ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
-ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, reserves the right to suspend and/or ban any player(s) who is/are ejected from a game for unsportsmanlike conduct, or any actions that is not in the best interest of ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
After the initial jump ball, any jump ball / tie-up situation will be determined by a possession arrow.
- If a regular season game is tied at the end of regulation, a 5 (FIVE) minute overtime period will be played.
- Foul counts are extended from the second half and one additional timeout is given to each team.
Teams can have a maximum of (15) players on their roster. 5 dressed players are needed to avoid a forfeit.
- If a team fails to put 5 players on the court before the the 2nd quarter of the game starts the team will be forced to forfeit the game:
- The game clock will start running as scheduled and a technical foul will be given to the offending team. (CAN PLAY WITH 4 PLAYERS 10 MINS (1st quarter)
- If your team forfeits a match during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offence: game recorded as loss, warning issued and team is issued a formal warning.
- Second Offence: game recorded as loss and $100 fine.
- Third Offence: Removal from the league and playoffs with no refund for games not played.
Note: If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, we encourage you to contact AUBA (Minimum of 24 Hour Notice). (TEXT- 0416842458)
All players must be registered with ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION. For insurance and liability reasons, players cannot play unless registered with the league. Any team caught using players that are not registered during games will automatically be forfeited for that game and any game that the player had played.
In order to be eligible for the playoffs, the player must have played for a minimum of 3 games of the regular 10 game season.
In the event that the player was injured for the season but available for the playoffs, the player must show-up/ sit on the team bench for a minimum of 3 games. (NEW)
Only registered players and designated coach's may sit on the bench. Non-registered players, non-registered coaches and fans are not permitted to sit on the bench.
Each team must designate their coach on or before week 1.
TIEBREAKERS FOR LEAGUE/ PLAYOFF STANDINGS:
Tie breakers will be based on head to head records, if both teams are still tied then point differential will be used. If still tied after point differential then a Knockout game will be used
- An AUBA approved jersey top is mandatory.
- All team jerseys must be the same design and cannot have visible logos of other basketball leagues
- In the event a player does not have an AUBA approved jersey, the player will be charged with a $20 fine payable to ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
- A non-registered player wearing another registered players uniform with no prior communication will be asked to leave the venue and the identified team will forfeit their game.
- Players on same team must all wear same COLOUR Shorts
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION is committed to the prevention of violence. We will take whatever steps are reasonable to protect our our community and its members from violence of all sources. To ensure the safety of our staff, members, volunteers, friends and visitors, As of 2019, ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION enforces a Zero Tolerance Policy.
Violence is defined as:
The exercise of physical force by a person against another community member or player during an ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION event that causes or could cause physical injury to another person (Examples; hitting, shoving, pushing, kicking, etc...)
An attempt to exercise physical force against a community member or player, during an ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION event, that could cause physical injury to the community member or player (Examples; threatening behavior, shaking fists, destroying property, throwing objects, verbal/written threats, etc...)
A statement or behavior that it is reasonable for a community member or player to interpret as a threat to exercise physical force against the worker or player, during an AUBA event, that could cause physical injury to the community member or player (Examples; verbal abuse, swearing, insults, condescending language, etc...)
Violent acts of any nature on the court will not be tolerated. Players involved in altercations will be ejected and/or suspended according to the discretion of ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION
LEAGUE Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level. If elbow contact is shoulder level or below, it shall be left to the discretion of the official as to whether the player is ejected. Even if a punch or an elbow goes undetected by the officials during the game, but is detected during a review of a videotape, that player will be penalized.
There is absolutely no justification for fighting or abuse in an ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION game. The fact that you may feel provoked by another player or that the officials are not calling the game in your favor is not an acceptable excuse. If a player takes it upon himself to retaliate, he can expect to be subject to appropriate penalties.
Zero Tolerance for FIGHTING: Any fighting, harassment, racial slurs and verbal abuse against players, staff, referees and spectators will not be tolerated and each case will be reviewed by ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION. individual may be banned with no refund. ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION reserves the right to suspend players and/ or teams for fighting.
Officials: All games will be regulated by OFFICIALS and decisions made are FINAL and will not be disputed.
Officials have the authority to issue technical/ flagrant fouls and eject players, coaches and fans from the game. Any ejected player will be issued an automatic 1 (one) game suspension and each case will be reviewed. ASIA UNITED BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION. reserves the right to ban repeat offenders.
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT:
- All players will treat officials and opponents with dignity and respect.
- All players, regardless of ability and/or playing time are equal members of the team.
- Each and every player will treat all teammates with acceptance and respect
- Players will respect and appreciate each and every fan.
1. Play to win.
2. Play fair, Observe the Rules of the Game.
3. Respect Opponents, Teammates, Referees, Officials, and Spectators.
4. Accept Defeat with Dignity. Win with modesty and give credit to teammates.
5. Always Promote the best interest of Asia United Basketball Association
6. Reject Corruption, Racism and Violence.